01 Oct Join the Team!
Rosemurgy Properties, a privately owned commercial real estate development, investment and management firm headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, is seeking a Property Accountant. Rosemurgy Properties is committed to providing outstanding service and quality for its investors, customers and residents. The candidate will perform a variety of accounting related tasks, ensure all transactions related to the portfolio of properties are recorded accurately and on a timely basis and be an integral member of a cross-functional team. This person must demonstrate strong organizational, communication, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Reporting to the Controller, the Property Accountant will assume key responsibilities in the accounting department, including, but not limited, to the following:
- Perform monthly financial accounting tasks for assigned properties including journal entries, distribution to investors, bank reconciliations, file and pay Sales Tax, budget variances, financial reporting and credit card reconciliation,
- Perform retail accounting tasks including set up and payment of reoccurring payables; post, deposit, record and track monthly retail rents including delinquencies and credits due to tenants; prepare tenant correspondences relating to accounting tasks; CAM reconciliations,
- Perform construction accounting tasks relating to monthly loan draw request for construction projects, job cost variances and budget revisions.
Experience, Education & Competencies:
- 3 years of full cycle accounting experience, commercial property management industry preferred
- Direct experience with CAM Reconciliations
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and various types of accounting software, experience with Yardi Voyager is preferred
- Degree in Accounting or related field