24 Sep Join the Team!
Rosemurgy Properties, a family owned commercial real estate development, investment and management firm headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, is seeking a Property Accountant. The company is committed to providing outstanding service and quality for its investors, customers, and tenants. The candidate will perform a variety of accounting related tasks, ensure all transactions related to the portfolio of properties are recorded accurately and on a timely basis, and be an integral member of a cross-functional team. This person must demonstrate strong organizational, communication, quantitative and analytical abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
Reporting to the Controller, the Property Accountant will assume key responsibilities in the accounting department, including, but not limited, to the following:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial packages for a portfolio of commercial properties, maintains monthly financial supporting schedules and work papers,
- Records Journal Entries for month-end closings, reviews General Ledgers for accuracy, and assists property manager with variance explanations,
- Calculate distributions to investors,
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliations,
- File and pay Sales Tax,
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including preparing management fee invoices,
- Prepares monthly funding requests/loan draws for current projects, job cost variance reports and budget revision requests,
- Ensures that all property and tenant information is up to date and correct through lease interpretation and cross-referencing against other property information,
- Annual CAM reconciliations and Budget preparation,
- Meets Accounting department calendar deadlines, and
- Improves processes related to above duties and responsibilities.
Experience, Education & Competencies:
- 3 years real estate accounting experience, commercial property management industry preferred
- CAM Reconciliations
- Excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines
- Proficient in accounting systems; familiarity with YARDI is a plus
- Degree in Accounting or related field
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Please include salary requirements when applying
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org